Music is the only language that crosses all geographical boundaries and touches our hearts in the most amazing way possible. And today is the birthday of our favourite singer !!!!
Happy birthday Christina Perri!!! We love you!!
From “A thousand years” in “Twilight” till now, specially “Jar of Hearts”, she has made us laugh, cry, weep at 3 a.m. and made us realise what life has really got. So many times she has inspired us to be better than the person we were before. So on this note, we present you sayings by her that are our personal favourite!
- I depend on my family and friends a lot. I have a group of people I’m always honest and current with. I try to get through pain and not go around it, it always ends sooner that way.
- My earliest memories as a child are listening to Beatles records, and they are a big part of how I’ve learned to write pop songs.
- If you could envision… the meaning of a tragedy… you might be surprised to hear, its you and me.
- I don’t take anything too seriously. If I do, I realize pretty quickly that’s why I’m uncomfortable.
- What I really love is touring on a bus with my band playing shows every night and feeling the audience, feeling the presence of people actually listening to my music. Feeding my soul is what touring feels like for me and I absolutely refuse to have a bad time doing something I really, really love.
- I try to get through emotional pain and not go around it, it always ends sooner that way. I also use chocolate.
- In real life, I’m such a dorky, happy person. I express myself in three ways: I talk a lot, I write songs and I get tattoos.
- When people come to my shows, they have the freedom to feel something, and we’re all just a big bowl of feels.
- I’m a total protein shake junkie nerd. I get creative every morning – you never know what you’re gonna get in my shake… fruit? Peanut butter? Ice-cream?
- It felt very natural to me to write a Christmas song, but at the same time I had to really put all sorts of pressure aside and just let the creativity flow and see what came out.
- I was kind of an outcast in school ’cause I always kept to myself and was writing poetry and then going on tour with my brother band all the time, so kids didn’t know what to make of me.
- I took time off from school and traveled to Italy when I was 19, living with my extended family members. I must have slept in 30 different houses those months, taken in by people who’d never even met me.
- Everything around me inspires and influences me. Mainly love – falling in it, losing it, loving it and hating it.
- Emotionally, it was the hardest 33 days of my life, but it was worth it because the result is that this album is 100 percent me. It’s heartfelt, real, bold, honest, vulnerable, hopeful, strong, poetic, bluesy, gritty, pretty, and simple.
- Music has been my everything since day one. It’s been my shoulder to cry on, my rock and my best friend.
- Yes, my first memory of singing, in general, was of a Christmas song. And then listening to Christmas music was really the first music I was ever connected to.
- You need to love yourself and be yourself one hundred percent before you can actually love someone else.
Latest posts by Sugandh Ratan (see all)
- Raju Hirani Is All Set To Make Biopic On Sanjay Dutt’s Life - January 17, 2017
- Karan Johar On His Friendship With SRK - January 17, 2017
- Karan Johar Opens Up About Kareena - January 17, 2017