Buddhism, one of the most sacred considered religion on this planet is not actually a religion but a belief. Surprised? It is said by the Buddhist themselves! Like this there are many facts that we are unaware of about buddhism that are sure to inspire us. So close your eyes, take a deep breath and enjoy!
- A buddhist temple is called as “Vihara” and is a place basically meant for education.
- There is no set time or day for a buddhist to go to a temple. It completely depends upon the individual as to when to go to the temple, day and time.
- But it has been seen that the visits are most common on full moon days.
- Similar to this, Buddha is not considered as a God but a teacher.
- All the setting inside the temple holds some value. Like flowers that are placed on the statues, they resemble the fact that you are not going to live forever.
- As per lord Buddha, what we reap is because of our karma and the fact that we worship has nothing to do with it.
- Like any other temple, shoes are supposed to be removed as a way of showing respect.
- There have been principles that are set to ensure that buddhists act well.
- These principles are:
- 1. Not to hurt living things.
- 2. Do not take advantage of what is not there.
- 3. Use senses correctly.
- 4. Speak kindly.
- 5. Do not take or use drugs or alcohol.
Latest posts by Sugandh Ratan (see all)
- Raju Hirani Is All Set To Make Biopic On Sanjay Dutt’s Life - January 17, 2017
- Karan Johar On His Friendship With SRK - January 17, 2017
- Karan Johar Opens Up About Kareena - January 17, 2017