If you are an egg-lover like me, you probably need at least one eggy meal every two days. However, the same old recipes, though easy to make, can get a little boring. Here are 5 simple ways to add a little extra flair to your everyday egg preparations.
1. Hard boiled eggs: After hard boiling the egg and peeling it, scoop out the egg yellow and put in a little bowl. Mash it with a spoon and add grated cheese, parsley and oregano. Replace the mixture into the boiled egg whites. Your ordinary hardboiled egg is now a delicious snack that can also be served as hors d’oeuvres at a party.
2. Fried eggs: Fried egg though delicious by itself, will also hike up the tastiness of almost any meal. Instead of serving it by itself, it can be grilled on toast. With a little bit of bacon added to it, you have the perfect breakfast sandwich that is yummy enough to eat any time of the day!
3. Poached eggs: Contrary to popular belief, poached eggs do not need gourmet kitchenware or ingredients. All you need to do is put the egg and water in a mug and cover it with a tissue paper before putting it in the microwave to cook it for a minute. Since the egg is so easy to make, you can go ahead and grill a couple of tomatoes and avocados to go with it and still fix your meal in record time.
4. Scrambled eggs: Scrambled eggs can often become rubbery and dry if not made properly. The best way to fix this is by adding milk/cream while the eggs are still on the pan to make them soft and fluffy. You can also add cheese and herbs or even spices if you want to go the Parsi way to make a special meal out of it.
5. Omelettes: Omelettes are easily the most versatile egg preparations of all. While adding bell peppers, onions and mushrooms to the omelette mix is pretty popular, the combination of omelettes and curries is lesser known. If you have a left over curry from the night before, you can reduce it to make it dry before using it as a stuffing for your morning omelette. Yummy!